There exist more than thirty five million Americans that are suffering from sinus infection on a yearly basis and the symptoms of these kinds of sinus infections can range from mild congestion to thick discharge, fever or pain around the eyes and face.
There follow the most common symptoms of sinusitis (sinus infection types):
- Yellow, thick and foul-smelling discharge from the nose
- Sinus pressure or pain around the face and eyes
- Nasal blockage
- Post-nasal drip
- A cold that doesn’t go away
We are going to tell you about the ten very effective natural treatments of sinus infection:
- Onion and garlic – these will strengthen your immune system and act as a natural antibiotic
- The ginger – Its tea is the most helpful sinus infection remedy from home
- Water – If you want to treat sinus infections you should be good hydrated, you should take eight ounces of water every two hours in order to diminish the vurus from your system
- Horseradish – If you want to clear the nasal passages mix this with lemon and take as a home made remedy
- Vitamin C foods – foods that are rich in vitamin C will increase the recovery and boost the immunity
- Sugar – This one will minimize the white blood cells whose role is to fight infections
- Grains and refined flour – because these will produce mucus
- Fruit juices – these are almost always processes and full of sugar
- Salt – it may dehydrate the body and minimize healing
- Dairy products – these will stimulate the mucus production
Grapefruit seed extract
The seed of this is very good antiviral in order to fight infections, and in order to reap these benefits, use a grapefruit seed extract nasal spray for four times a day.
Some of these, like the eucalyptus and the peppermint oil open up the sinuses, treat sinusitis and also remove the mucus, and what you need to do is just rub a drop of each of these oils on the roof of the mouth and drink some water.
It has a very good anti fungal and antibacterial properties that fight infections, and you should take 500 milligrams of this oil for four times a day or use it as inhalation. Just place a few drops to a large bowl of boiled water, cover the head with a towel and then inhale.
It one of the most powerful antibiotics, and therefore, you should eat two to five grams of fresh garlic or at least take two to five milligrams of garlic oil on a day.
If you want to clear the nasal passage and also treat chronic sinusitis symptoms use this pot with a saline solution.
This herb will help you with sinusitis and help the healing process, and what you should do is take a thousand milligrams for three times a day.
This one can be helpful to fight infections and also prevent free radical damage, so you shall take a thousand milligrams for four times a day.
If you want to treat congestion and help the symptoms of the infections, use some saline nasal spray, a humidifier or enjoy a steam filled bathroom.